We now have a potential location to start a meditation center. Click here for the PDF announcement.
Here’s a tour of the property:
and here’s me talking about ways you can get involved:
For people who asked how they can support this project, and those who did not but are interested in making this project work, here are a list of ways you can help:
1) Donate funds – the first step in this project is to insure that there is adequate funding for putting a down payment on the property in question and seeing that the mortgage payments are met. The price of the property is quite affordable, but for a small group of people it is definitely a great burden. If a large number of people get involved, it will be easily accomplished with very little burden on anyone. Please visit our support page if you would like to help financially with this project, even in a small way:
2) Become a steward – we need someone to come and stay at the center, even for a few months and act as a monastery steward; the responsibilities are minimal, but a driver’s license would be a good support. Male only, due to the nature of the job.
3) Come pitch in – we need a dedicated work crew to help start this up; dedicated to the meditation practice and dedicated to helping rebuild and expand the existing facilities. Building skills would be a great asset, but everyone and anyone is welcome, provided you don’t mind pitching a tent or sharing a room in the house or meditation hall.
4) Donate supplies – we’ll take almost anything – tents, old camper trailers, household appliances, tools, building supplies, canned food, etc. If you think it would be of any use to us, and you are able to get it to the center, we’ll be most grateful for it.
5) Come meditate – if you just want to come to meditate with us, and are willing to rough it a bit in the beginning, that will be what really shows that this project has the potential for success. We welcome all people who are willing to follow the rules and the practice as we do, for as long as they can keep up.
6) Spread the word – we have created a handout that outlines the project in brief; you can send this to anyone you think might be interested in this project. The handout is here:
If you would like to help in any way, please use our contact form:
Thanks everyone for your moral and material support; let’s make this happen!